Thursday, June 25, 2015

Comigo tu vais ficar

Now it is time to speed up my writingprocesses - blogwise and projectwise. It has been a while due to being so busy and lazy at the same time. So a few weeks ago I had a visitor coming from my homeland dearest and the guest was my neighbour dearest, Janet! I was so looking forward to having her here, I really missed our stupidsilly hangouts. With my fellow erasmusans we had been planning a trip to Spain, Cies Isles out in the coast of Vigo and we had a hard time finding a date which would be suitable for all, and it was soo important for me to have the trip when Janet was here, so I tried pushing and pushing it. And then out of the blue - the guy who organises the Erasmus events announced the date of the trip to be at the perfect time - the weekend I was entertaining my guestiebestie :) The trip started the best way possible, all of the gang in a big bus heading to Spain - just like back in the day with your class on a fieldtrip. Only organising something with this many people, something is bound to go wrong.. one of the Barcelos eramus girls felt a little sick so our departure was delayed enough for us to miss the ferry to the islands and it cost us around an hour on the island. The Cíes Islands are an archipelago (cluster of islands) which are also a nature reserve and a part of the Atlantic Islands of Galicia National Park. So every one of us got their own (queres um) saco aka a plastic bag to take all their trash with them once leaving the island. There are no bins on the island, so everyone is responsible for preserving the island in its pure form. Finally the ferry came back for us, since we had missed the first embarkation. 




The ride was unexpectedly cold, as I love to travel extralight, I often leave out necessesary jackets etc stuff that would help me not freeze. And ofcourse we seated ourselves on the upside (:D) so the wind could really enjoy bullying us. Even the clouds made a big grinny-figure just to laugh at us. No, not really. Finally the ferryboatie arrived at the destination and we could start discovering the island. The first glance at the island was already impressive! We started our hike to the lighthouse at the other end of the island in the horizontal-vertical direction. Luckily the weather was just perfect for scamming through the island. We passed a walkway which was surrounded by a beautiful rocky bay on one side and a salt-lake on the other. And the ascending began. The sights were absolutely mesmerizing - beautiful blue waters, boats floating on the sea, heights with amazing views down on a neighbouring island and on the greenery of that island. Once reaching the mountain top with the lighthouse we rewarded ourselves with some cookies, yum. And after that it was time to go back down to the beach. Since the isles reminded me a little of my alltime favourite Jurassic Park, I thought it would be a sin to leave my dino behind.. Dinos adoption to my family was a compelte surprise, and now he is a true travel companion of mine. So I took some shots of him in the wilderness:D:D
But the beach was really the wildest wilderness of them all. We found a spot to enjoy the sun and have a little snack and all that other stuff you do at the beach. And then Diogo informs us that ´you have to be careful of the seagulls, they like to steal your food, even from the bags.´ OH BOZE. They really were circling around us the whole time. And the worse was when someone took out anything edible. Christina offered everybody her cookies, not the usual canela bolachas from Continente, but a new, cheaper version. I got to take a bite of it, when the noise of humangous wings flapping behind me scared me so much, that my hands first reaction was to throw the cookie far away and save myself from a fate worst then death (now i´m just quoting HP). I was so ashamed.. it wasnt even my cookie that I just sacrificed. And the gullie stormed to eat it.. nasty bird. Its flockbuddies weren´t any humbler than him, one of them tried to sneaksteal food from šarkas bag, it got it open already when someone noticed the sucker and schooed it away. Other than that the beach was incredible! Another spot with crystalclear, lightblue water, though it was supercold, even us, the tempered surfing girls, didn´t want to take a dip. The boats floating on the water made it just into an idyllic sight.




The next day was the day of the long-awaited pool party at Brunos house. After arriving in Ponte de Lima, the crimescene of awesomeness, we ran straight to the tennis court. Yes you heard(read) me right, a tennis court. And we stayed there for over an hour, funfunfuninthesun! And when it was time for us to jump in the pool, it was just perfect! Funfunfuninthewater now! Playing catch or dog or whaatever, diving from the board, maybe slipping..ssh(!) The feeling I got from being there is truly undescribable, but I´ll still try to paint you a picture. An exceptional group of people all together at a yard that is so full of activities that even my granny couldnt stay idle. Tennis, some faulty badminton, volleyballey, football, ballgames in the pool, then real pool, darts, farts(maybe..), dancinnngg to kizomba, everything you could possibly need was there. And then just being there, going from person to person, enjoying the company in a place where you can really mingle. On top of it all snacks and cocktails to enjoy. When the sun was setting, everybody was dancing to kizomba, cause I had my kizomba-partner with me (ANNA), demanding to them kizomba tunes. šarka had gone around telling everybody that at 10 sharp we gather at the pool. So we took some lousy quality photos but great quality jumps into the pool and did some wife-boxxing or whats it now :) Luis is really like a fish in the water, at first I couldnt get on his back anyhow but then he invented a technique which only took him like 2 seconds to have me fightready on his shoulders.

The drive back home was really..sad in a way. It had been such an amazing day, even overwhelmingly awesome and it made me and my co-passengers so sentimental, driving in the dark, all those fresh memories spinning through our heads, trying to come down from that cloud we were still floating on. And arriving in front of the resi made me think that its so nice to be home, crash into my bed and rest for the upcoming week. It´s home.







No comments:

Post a Comment